It’s the most basic of consumer rights: products that don’t poison, maim, or kill. Your safety should be the top priority, but too often government rules help companies over consumers. Find out how to protect yourself and how you can join millions of others pushing for consumer-first safeguards.
Steps you can take
Here are some personal steps, included in Buyer Aware, that you can take to help keep you and your family safe from dangerous products and services.
- For more than 50 years we’ve been pioneers, using science and different perspectives to make the environment safer and healthier for us all.
- At Healthy Babies Bright Futures (HBBF), we design our work to measurably reduce the largest sources of babies’ exposures to toxic chemicals that harm brain development. We target chemicals with the strongest body of evidence supporting their role in developmental harm.
- Kids In Danger (KID) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting children by fighting for product safety.
- Parents Against Tip-Overs (PAT) is a nationwide network of parents who want to see an end to TV and furniture tip-over injuries and deaths. The group was founded in 2018 by parents of young children who have lost their lives from a furniture tip-over incident.
- For over 50 years the Center for Auto Safety has worked to make cars safer. From airbags to self-driving cars we are the leaders in auto safety.