Computers — logic-dependent machines without bias — were supposed to make discrimination disappear, yet we still have medical devices biased against those with darker skin, car safety tests that only use male dummies, and credit scores determined not by your ability to repay but your ZIP code. Find out how you’re affected and can fight back.
Steps you can take
Here are some personal steps, included in Buyer Aware, that you can take to help you and your family overcome the discrimination built into our economy.
- The Algorithmic Justice League’s mission is to raise awareness about the impacts of AI, equip advocates with empirical research, build the voice and choice of the most impacted communities, and galvanize researchers, policy makers, and industry practitioners to mitigate AI harms and biases.
- EVNoire is a national award winning organization, our work focuses on E-Mobility Best Practices and E-Mobility Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
- Color Of Change helps people respond effectively to injustice in the world around us.
- GreenLatinos is a national non-profit that convenes a broad coalition of Latino leaders committed to addressing national, regional and local environmental, natural resources and conservation issues that significantly affect the health and welfare of the U.S. Latino community.
- We make the tech ecosystem and entrepreneurship more diverse, inclusive, and impactful.